Muju-gun is a region that two counties became one administrative district alter they had belonged to two different kingdoms.
Mujugun is a region that two counties became one administrative district after they had belonged to two different kingdoms respectively during the era of Three Kingdoms.
That is. they were Jeokcheon (Old name of Jugae) of Baekqae Kingdom and Musan 1Old name of Mupung) of Silla Kingdom.
Especially, it is assumed that those two counties, Jeokcheon and Musan, might be the fierce battle fields since they were located on the boundary of two kingdoms, on the other hand, they were the places for personnel and materials exchanges.
Even at that time, those have their own different county name in the same dynasty. As time passed by, tile names changed into Dancheon and Mupung and during the period of Goryeo Dynasty, the name, Dancheon, changed to Jugae again. When the 8 local administrative province system was reorganized around entering the 14th year of Taejong during Joseon Dynasty (1414, also known as Vi Dynasty), the two counties, Mupung and Jugae, were unified into one and it was named Muju-hyeon.
Alter that, while Muju-hyeon was raised to the state of Muju 0ohobu since a Sago (a history archives) at Mt. Jeoksang Fortress was established and the chronicles of Joseon Dynasty was began to be kept there, Anseong-so. which belonged to Geumsan, and Hoecheon-so. which had included Gucheon-dong, were incorporated with each other and became the foundation of the current Muju-gun.